Recent research has shown that the virus is very susceptible to nitric oxide. This is a gas (neurotransmitter) made by the lining of your arteries.
The rate limiting step for its formation (bioptorin) is negated by vitamin C. Vitamin C is also the most potent anti-viral.
So you should do the following to lower your risk of a corona viral infection:
1. Eat plenty of vegetables high in nitrate (kale, Swiss chard. . .) (see chart below)
2. Do not use mouthwash (like Listerine). This inactivates your body’s ability to convert the nitrates in the veggies to nitric oxide in your mouth.
3. Take 2 scoops of powdered beet root per day. I like the cherry flavored one. One scoop in the AM in 8 oz of water and one in the PM. (Available from HumanN.com)
4. Take 3 grams (3,000 mgs) of vitamin C/day. One AM, midafternoon and PM. Take away from foods high in iron as vitamin C increases your body’s absorption of iron and too much iron damages your cardiovascular tree.
5. Practice good hygiene.
An Italian doctor works in the Shenzhen hospital, was transferred to study the Wuhan Pneumonia virus, or Corona-Virus.
If when you have a cold, you have a runny nose and sputum, it cannot be the new type of Corona-virus pneumonia, because Corona-virus pneumonia gives a dry cough without a runny nose. This is the easiest way to identify it. If you have more medical knowledge, you will be more aware of how to identify and prevent it.
It is good to know by this time that the Wuhan virus or Corona-virus is not heat resistant and dies at a temperature of 78.8 to 80.6 degrees. Therefore, drink more hot water to avoid it (infusions).
Expose yourself to the sun. It is cold at this time of the year, so drinking hot water (such as tea and infusions) is very convenient. It is not a cure but it is good for the body. Drinking hot water is effective in killing all viruses. Remember! Try not to drink ice.
1. The virus is of a fairly large size (the cell has a diameter of approximately 400-500 nm), so any normal mask (not only the 3M N95 mask) should be able to filter it. However, when someone infected sneezes in front of you, it will take about 3 meters (about 10 feet) before it falls to the ground and no longer flies, that is, it is suspended in the air.
2. When the virus falls on the surface of a metal, it will live for at least 12 hours. So remember that if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
3. The virus can remain active in the tissue for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent should kill the virus. For winter clothes that do not require daily washing, place in the sun to kill the virus.
Symptoms of pneumonia caused by the Corona-virus:
1. First it will infect the throat - it will feel like a dry sore throat that will last 3 to 4 days.
2. Then, the virus will fuse with the nasal fluid and drip into the trachea and enter the lungs, causing Wuhan's pneumonia. This process will take 5 to 6 days.
3. There will be a stage with pneumonia, high fever and breathing difficulties. Nasal congestion is not like normal nasal congestion. You will feel like drowning in the water. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you have this feeling.
1. The most common way to get infected is to touch things in public such as handrails, door handles, handles on the bus, etc., so you should wash your hands frequently. The virus can only live in your hands for 5-10 minutes, but many things can happen in those 5-10 minutes (You can rub your eyes or not wanting to rub your nose without knowing that you have it in your hands). At the grocery store, wipe the handles of the carts/baskets with the wipes available at the store.
2. In addition to washing your hands frequently, you can gargle with Betadine throat to eliminate or minimize germs while they are still in the throat (before dripping to the lungs). Be very careful and drink a lot of water. -----------
Don’t forget! At the first signs of symptoms you can also use a hair dryer (blow your nose and then vigorously inhale the warm air from a hair dryer for several long deep breaths through your nose, 3 times about a half an hour apart) AND use our infrared sauna!
How To Optimize Your Immune System
I. Optimize Your Vitamin D
Most people are deficient in Vitamin D. The normal range is 30-100 ng/dl. Due to environmental chemicals people have thick bile which makes the assimilation of fat soluble vitamins difficult if taken orally. I know that I took 5,000 IU of D3 for over one year and my blood test was 18. So I switched to a sublingual form that is absorbed directly into the lymph system and got it to go right up.
The optimal level of vitamin D is between 80-100 ng/dl. At this range you activate the body’s immune system (both TH1 and TH2), you up-regulate over 1,000 genes that are anti-inflammatory. You also lower your chance of the more common cancers – colon, breast and prostate by 85%.
I recommend using 10 drops of biotics liquid vitamin D daily for 2 months and then having a blood test done to fine tune the dosage up or down. To order call 1-800-231-5777 and give them Dr. Maykel’s reference #05TD0768. Biotics will create an account for you. This will enable you to start ordering immediately. You may request an account online that takes 24 hours to activate.
II. Calibrating Your Daily Vitamin C Dose
If you really want to know your exact dosing of vitamin C on a daily basis do the following:
On a day when you have free time, sit down with a container of powdered vitamin C. Take 1 gram (1,000 mcg) mixed in water every 15 minutes until you get the “bowel recognition sign” for vitamin C. This is a pure water bowel movement.
Say this happens after 10 grams. Your daily dose would be 7 grams or 70% of 10 grams. You would mix 7 grams in a container and sip it throughout the day.
The ½ life of vitamin C is quick so this gives you the widest coverage possible!