The lifestyle choices you make are critical for your health and well-being. Here are a few facts for you to consider as you create your plans for a healthy year ahead:
- With respect to healthcare, the United States is in last place out of the top 14 industrialized nations spending twice as much money as any other country.
- Four of the top ten lobbyists in Washington have the agenda of NO CHANGE to the current system because they are making so much money. They are the California Medical Association and the American Pharmaceutical Association, the American Medical Association and the American Hospital Association.
According to well respected environmental doctors, the following facts apply to our healthcare environment:
- There is not a square centimeter on planet Earth that is not currently impregnated with over 1,000 cancer causing chemicals.
- The average child “marinates” in over 300 neuro-toxic chemicals in the mothers amniotic fluids.
- Five recent studies show that acetaminophen-the only pain killer recommended for pregnant woman has been linked to autism: its use peri-circumcism helps explain the 5–1 boy to girl ratio with 1/50 boys born now affected.
- Two thirds of our water supply has the insecticide glyphosate in it.
- 180 million people drink fluoridated water-linked to osteoarthritis (our leading cause of disability), organ damage, cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
- 90% of the processed foods in this country contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs). GMOs have been linked to harm (multi-organ system failure) in the tens of thousands of studies but the USDA has failed to act. As stated in the movie Genetic Roulette” the implications of this are incomprehensible.”
- At 4.9% of the world’s population, US citizens consume 60% of the world’s fast food and 60% of all the prescription drugs. People in this country use 1,000 times more prescription drugs than any other country.
- According to the heads of big pharma companies their drugs work less than half the time, which helps explain why prescription drugs taken as prescribed have ranked between the 3 rd and 4 th largest cause of death in the US for the last 25 years.
The good news is that within three to five years we can all have our genome profile done for one hundred dollars to reveal which medications work for our genes and which don’t. It won’t be long after, that the prescription of medication will follow genomics sequencing as a law. Until that point it is still the Wild West.
This situation demands the following actions:
* (indicates link for more information from Dr. Maykel)